With broad experience in mobile, web, and game development built upon a background in art and animation, Art Director and User Interface Designer uses design skills, open and specific communication, team leadership, and Agile methodologies to develop superior products on time and budget.
UX Designer July 2016 - Present
Freelance, Boston, MA
- Concepted and built a hi-fidelity prototype of a new mobile app, completing the following tasks: User Research; Competitive Analysis; Creation of storyboards, user flows, sitemaps, paper prototypes, wireframes, clickable prototype, branding, and visual design; User Testing
- Tools used: Adobe Photoshop, Sketch App, Invision
Art Director December 2013 - May 2016
Blue Crystal Labs, San Francisco, CA
- Executed polished User Interface designs and wireframes consistent with industry standards for User Experience, which also satisfied the application’s unique technical specifications.
- Developed robust templates and documentation for smooth asset production, and reviewed in-progress work to assure adherence to professional standards and processes.
- Responded typically within 2-5 days to analytic data drawn from a live application on iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone/Surface, Apple TV, Google TV, and Facebook.
Art Director August 2012 – July 2013
Concept Art House, San Francisco, CA
- Managed production of mobile game application visual design for 3-6 accounts at a time.
- Operated as the point of contact and vision-holder for clients, relaying their expectations and feedback to the offsite design team in clear and concise terms.
Art Team Manager November 2010 – February 2012
Rivet Games, San Francisco, CA
- Hired and mentored a skilled team of artists and animators, personally recruited the Lead UX Designer, and secured and directed external partners for additional asset production.
- Pioneered an innovative workflow that achieved maximum efficiency by embedding unique behaviors within the format of the art assets, saving time for the engineers by avoiding hard-coded per-asset hacks.
- Surpassed projections for art production, as the team consistently ran ahead of schedule.
- Personally animated about 40% of total game assets.
Project Manager November 2009 – August 2010
Anthem Creative Group, Alpharetta, GA
- Overhauled project fulfillment process for interactive design agency, markedly improving client relations and delivery time of mobile, web, and e-commerce products.
- Managed resource allocation, negotiated contracts, drafted budgets and schedules, and functioned as hiring manager to expand a cross-functional development team.
- Clients: Eli Lilly and Company, Shaw Science Partners, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- Credits: Guitar Hero III Mobile - Art Management
Graphic Artist and Animator July 2006 – October 2009
Radical Axis Animation Studio, Atlanta, GA
- Executed design and animation for broadcast on Cartoon Network and Comedy Central.
Agile methodologies and tools:
Trained Scrum Master
Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
MS Office, Google Apps
Invision rapid prototyping
Adobe Creative Suite:
General Assembly, Boston, Massachusetts - Completed 2016
User Experience Design Circuit course
Product Management Bootcamp course
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia - Graduated 2006
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration, Summa Cum Laude
Student Leader of the Year - Savannah College of Art and Design, 2005
Student Organization of the Year - Savannah College of Art and Design, 2005